Tuesday 5 July 2011

A few from the Saturdays mothing

Well my home made moth trap is certainly paying off well now with another good haul from Saturday night.  The weather was again good with a hot still night with a little cloud cover giving good conditions.  With over 21 species including six new 'firsts' for the garden and over 200 specimens in all, I had a busy time first thing in Sunday going through the catch.

A couple of my 'firsts' flew away before I could get an image but these are all new. As usual all taken with the 5Dmk2, Canon 180f 3.5L macro, on the tripod, with Live View, 5X magnification, live histogram and DOF preview used.

 Common Emerald

 Dot Moth

 Miller

Yellow Tail

Meanwhile, the flowers in the wildlife garden have been excellent this year and I will bring you a few pleasant images from that on my next blog.

Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment