Monday 21 March 2011

The Butterflies are back

It is wonderful what a difference a couple of warm sunny days back.  Followers of my twitter feed @martind01 will know that I saw my first butterflies in my garden of the year on Saturday.

Well on Saturday we had two Brimstones, three Commas and a single Peacock.  Yesterday, we went a bit better and had four Brimstones, three Commas again, two Peacock and a single Small Tortoiseshell.  So four species by March 20th - a good start to the year.

I will send my recordings into the Warwickshire Butterfly Conservation team site.  Why not check out your Counties site by checking out the national site here and sending in your recordings.

I currently have a glut of photos to share with you from a number of outings so will bring this to you in forthcoming blogs.

Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment