Sunday 10 January 2010

That's the Christmas Card sorted then

I spent a couple of hours in my hide in the garden yesterday, in the vain hope that something interesting would turn up on mark11 tree - but  just more Robins, Blackbirds, Sparrows and Chaffinches.

I could have said sadly only just those species.  But I love watching all of those birds.  I love watching their interaction with other birds.  I love watching their behaviours.

So it was a thoroughly enjoyable couple of hours.

I was there when the first rays of sunshine just started coming into the garden, which gave this otherwise potential drab female Blackbird a wonderful light.





In between further snow showers birds came and went, and just as I was about to pack up, a Robin popped by.



So as the headline says that will do for the next Christmas card

As a follow up, when I pulled back the curtains this morning, a female Great Spotted Woodpecker was busying hammering out the food in Mark11 tree - hey ho!!  Sod's Law is alive and well in 2010

Martin



No comments:

Post a Comment