Monday 19 October 2009

Is tomorrow the day...................

..................for the announcement of the replacement for the Canon 1Dmk3? There are certainly plenty of rumours around with a possible announcement tomorrow.

One thing is for certain, if you thought that the 7D got plenty of noisy airtime on the forums, I would expect that the 1DmkIV or is it V (apparently 4 is unlucky in Japan - although I think all the bad luck hit the Mark3) will almost certainly make significantly more.

I certainly won't be leaping up for any replacement just yet. Once bitten twice shy when it comes to being a beta tester for Canon when they launch new kit.

Two reasons - bugs and price. It usually always take quite a while for the prices to drop to something more stable, at least here in the UK anyway.

Unless Canon did actually listen to the comprehensive feedback I gave them when they asked a good few months ago after the last recall?

But then I think I am wise enough to know the answer to that one, so will keep breathing.

Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment