Friday 9 October 2009

From the Archives - Little Owls

A couple of years ago, I followed the fortunes of a family of Little Owls at the time the young were fledging. It was great to watch from the comfort of my car as my hide, and I studied them at first and last light on many occasions. Mornings worked well as the barn was east facing and it was bathed in beautiful morning light. Evening was obviously more difficult, but if it was a greyish day, the light worked OK.

Sadly, the following year the barn was subject to significant renovation and I haven't seen them again either last year or this.

So I need to find an alternate location for these enigmatic little birds. There must be one very close to my house as I did hear one out in the garden a couple of weeks back - so maybe next year.





Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment