Friday 2 October 2009

Better Beamer warning


Just as the better beamer concentrates and magnifies light out from the flash so it does the same when used facing the sun, This i found slightly to my cost the other day after a hot afternoon waiting for kingfishers with the sun in my face, I remember as a kid using a magnifying glass to burn the end of my shoe laces-well i now have the same effect on the front of my SB900 flashgun and you can see its burnt in a line as the sun moves, Luckily for me its only melted a fine line into the flash and hasn't burnt through it, So a word of warning-try to keep your flash out of direct front on sunlight until you are using it i.e turn the camera slightly away and never leave the beamer on in your house by the window-you have been warned

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment