Monday 31 May 2010

Just back from Scotland

Regular readers will know that I like to make at least one trip per year to Scotland to photograph the wonderful wildlife that can be found there.  After five trips to Mull in previous years, I thought it was time for something different. Having seen many great images from the Outer Hebrides over a few years, Jac and I sat down and made plans over the Christmas holiday period for this years trip.

We ended up on North Uist, part of the Western Isles in Outer Hebrides.  Having just got back yesterday, and had no regular internet access, I will file all my trip reports in the coming posts.  Suffice to say that there is a lot of material, so I expect to be posting a day report for each of thae days we were away, with additional material covering the journies there and back, as we fitted in some exciting opportunities on those and had some great sights during the travelling.  I will also set out the planning and logistics for those who might contemplate a similar trip.

As in all good productions, I will also do a post on the outakes and mistakes that were made too.
Suffice to say, that we are now both pretty tired after the drive back from the Highlands last night.  We drove a total of 1775 miles over the ten days and managed to see 124 bird species and numerous mammals as well.  This is significantly more than in previous years to Mull so it has been a good result.

So I am off to sort out all the gear and clothes, and then get on with sorting and processing a lot of images.

Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment