Monday 21 September 2009

Pond Life

Back a few days ago I posted some images from the garden with a picture of a female Southern Hawker laying eggs. Well she came back to see us again yesterday and I got another few images.

This image was taken from that first session.



Here she is again, but I noticed on close inspection that she has lost two of her legs, just below her knees on the right hand side in the last week. It is the same dragonfly, as I have very carefully checked the spotting to be sure.

At one point, while laying on the grass waiting for her to land she buzzed by my head touching my ear with her very noisy wings, and even came into the lens hood on the 180 macro. She may have seen the reflection and come into to inspect - it certainly made a lot of noise as her wings clattered the plastic of the hood.

Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment