Wednesday 4 November 2009

News - Barn Owl and Kestrel buddies

I was planning to do a Tips and Techniques myself for today, but Dave covered off one yesterday, so will save it for later in the week.

Regular readers know by now that I like to report on unusual and interesting wildlife stories.

It was while looking through one of my favourites sites that I found this story that I wanted to share with you.

Now I remember down at The Hawk Conservancy that the wild Barn Owls used the Kestrel boxes and the wild Kestrel used the Barn Owl box, but have never heard of this before.

While we are on Barn Owls, here is one I took a couple of years back. A captive bird in controlled conditions. About the first image that I took on my then new 70-200f2.8 IS L lens as I recall.


Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment