Monday 19 July 2010

A big thanks and some snaps



I would like to say a big thank you to everybody who has sent well wishes to myself and my family, My brother lost his fight on Sunday morning and to say last week was difficult would be an understatement, My thanks especially go out to Martin for blogging, Its hard enough every other day but everyday is really tough-cheers mate, I went out today with one of my other brothers to a place that i used to visit called the Warburg Reserve near Henley on Thames, Its a really beautiful part of the world and a great place to get away from everything, there are 2 hides and miles of walk ways, Plenty of birds and mammals including doormice, Its the best place i know to see Bullfinches which show regularly at one of the hides, I say 'to see' but thats not mean shoot as the background are busy but its always great to see these colourful birds, I a couple of hours we watched blue tit,great tit,long tailed tit,pheasant,robin,bullfinch,chaffinch,blackbird and greater spotted and green woodpeakers, The images were nothing special but thats partly my fault for forgetting my extenders so the 200-400 was a touch short for the smaller birds, i used the D300 for extra reach and had to push the ISO a bit more than i would have liked, The reserve is a great place to visit if you have never been and there are always plenty of red kites flying over head





Dave

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that Dave. Martin has done a great job with the blog while you were away! Great images. Hope you had good weather (well good for the UK anyway)
    Ash

    ReplyDelete
  2. My condolences to you and your family Dave.

    Elliot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great collection of birds,and the last one is a strange looking insect.

    ReplyDelete