Friday 14 August 2009

A quickie today - a few new images from the Garden

Well I am still busy decorating, or rebuilding it feels like on my week off!!

So here are a few images that I took the opportunity to get during tea or lunch breaks. All of these are firsts for me in the garden. There was a delightful Holly Blue butterfly that came in too, but sadly I was not able to get an image. Haven't seen it since either.

Sparrowhawk has made a couple of unsuccessful swoops that I saw - stunning!!, and the Great Spotted Woodpecker is back in grubbing on a dead branch on the apple tree.


Common Darter


Male Gatekeeper


Male Gatekeeper underside on Blackberry

All taken with the Canon 1Dmk3 and Canon 180 f3.5L macro

Martin

1 comment:

  1. Stunning photos with great color. All of them. Great detail on the wings of the Common Darter and you can see the fine fuzz on the Male Gatekeeper.

    ReplyDelete