Wednesday 8 July 2009

Trip Reports - Some locations disappoint

Occasionally you find locations in your trips out that you think will be brilliant at certain times of the year. A week ago I went to a site about 40 minutes drive from here with a friend to see if that thought was going to be true.

Well we both got a lot of Horse Fly bites, it was extremely hot and it was a long walk.

The Marsh Orchids had all gone over, there were no dragonflies. Only three species of butterfly, all of which are resident in my garden. so it was a few measly Blue Damselflies.

I used my Canon 70-200f2.8IS L lens with a Kenko 36mm extension tube as the 180 macro was being used but it's owner.....sadly.

However, the zoom plus tube makes a pretty good job of it, although it is not quite as good in my opinion. Although you can be the judge of that from the two images below of a male and a female.




As a postscript, the Guinness afterwards sat by the little river in Bourton on the Water was pure nectar.

And I am sure the site will deliver some gems photographically at other times of te year

Martin






No comments:

Post a Comment