Friday 30 January 2009

News - a couple of odds and bods

Just a short news week round up from me. It has been a busy week preparing images and prints for various entries to exhibitions. Last week was my digital entries to the RPS Nature Group and the FIAP Small Print Circuit, a new circuit of four exhibitions for A4 unmounted prints. This is a good format to help keep down the costs. I have put some work in the Natural History section so we will have to see how that goes. Apparently there are over 5000 entries to all sections so it has been very well subscribed. At a local level, we had Merit comps at both Stratford Photo Group and Smethwick Photo Society, and got my butt firmly whacked in both by my partner Sue. Must try harder!!.

This weekend I will be finalising my prints for RPS Nature Exhibition. I will be writing a future blog post on my experiences with the Canon Pixma Pro9500 now that I have received the ICC profiles from Permajet. I have to say that I am blown away with the quality of the papers, I have used so far, so watch this space for a more comprehensive review soon.

I will update the Local Patch series on Sunday with more news and updates from round here - one or two new items of interest for you I hope. I shall be out hopefully tomorrow to see if I can get some images of the local Fieldfare, as these have eluded me so far.

Keep your eye on the weather as it is supposed to be going very cold again, and keep those food and water levels topped up in your gardens. I did the RSPB Big Garden Watch last weekend - quite disappointing in terms of the number of species seen during the hour I made available, and of course Sods Law dictated that the next hour saw masses of bird back in.

Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment