Sunday 22 January 2012

Weather....again

Following on from my last post on the unusual weather this year, and its effect on wildlife, I came across this story at Wildlife extra which is a great summary on the weather and wildlife last year.

It is worth taking out a couple of minutes to have a read - and well reflects so of my experiences that I found last year.

The cameras have remained in hibernation this weekend for me. With a 6yd builders skip having been delivered on Friday, I have had a busy time clearing out loads of builders rubble and scrap materials for a complete loft rebuild in my home. My 'den' for music and television is this years project and it is now time to get rebuilding. It should give me a wonderful view over the wildlife garden, and with a bit of luck, I can have a high level feeding platform to watch the birds at very close quarters.

So having knackered myself filling the skip, I could have gone to the site where I took these images this afternoon, but it is blowing a hoolie and the light is awful, so time to rest my aching back.

It is nice to see that it is getting lighter in the evenings again, and we are starting to emerge from the dark gloomy days from the depths of December, and we can start looking forward to brighter days as Spring looms around the corner.

Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment