Thursday 19 January 2012

2011 Round Up

The year didn't start too bad, I managed to get decent images in my garden of Grey Fox and Raccoon and we had a good dosing of winter visitors in and around the garden in the way of Waxwing and Robin which are always great to see,




By the early summer there was a lot of activity around the tiny 6x4 pond with all kinds of bugs and dragonflies



We also had nightly action on the patio with toads and a very friendly tree frog




Although it was a great year for hummingbirds i got very few images due to the extreme heat-again, I hope to improve on this this year as i can now shoot in the shade, We had an explosion of wolf spiders, They seemed to be everywhere from the garage to the patio, I do not mind them at all as long as they are outside, I accidentally killed one and then another was found a few days later on the patio, This gave me some good practice with the macro lens and flash set up



Considering i lived in suburbia i had a huge amount of wildlife on my door, I certainly hope that it will be as good if not better now that i am in a more rural setting,
We had a lull because of moving home and living an a rental but it didnt take too long to start getting some decent wildlife in the new garden and now have nightly visits from Deer and Opossum,

The bird life is increasing daily and yesterday we had our first Bluebird and Mockingbird, The winter hasn't really happened this year but i am still hopeful as an opossum in the snow is high on my wanted list
That about rounds up my 2011 look back and best of and now we can look forward to what 2012 brings

Dave

1 comment:

  1. Hello Dude,

    The gray fox is mainly distinguished from most other canids by its grizzled upper parts, strong neck and black-tipped tail. Thanks for a great blog.

    ReplyDelete