Tuesday 17 January 2012

Images of the year 2011-California

I love going to California and we are lucky that my wifes company is based there and that normally means 1 or 2 trips a year, I have been at various times of year but spring there is awesome and so it proved last year, Everywhere i went there were countless birds, The light was great and then there are the sea otters which are one of my favorite things to photograph, Spring in northern California is also a beautiful place as everywhere is covered in spring flowers and there are miles and miles of purple flowers carpeting the beach areas-spectacular, This week will see me there at a new time fo year so we will have to wait and see if it holds up to the spring time, Here is a small collection of images taken last spring

Ground Squirrel
Pacific Grove
Whimbrel
American Avocet
Nutter
Sea Otter
Sanderling
Brewers Blackbird
Western Grebe
Anna's Hummingbird
Burrowing Owl
Whimbrel
Harbour Seal
Juv Common Loon
Harlequin Duck
Willet
Pheasant
American Avocet
Clark's Grebe
Snowy Egret
Horned Grebe

There were a few new species for me which is always nice, Its one place that i can highly recommend going especially in the spring, I always cover plenty of ground when i am there and know some very good places from North of San Francisco down past the Big Sur so a big area but all of them very productive, I have going for many years now and have really done my homework on the place, Last year i added a couple of new areas and i hope to do the same this year, The above images were all taken in the same 1 week trip

Dave

2 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures and awesome photography.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab pictures Dave - oh for California light here now

    Martin

    ReplyDelete