Thursday 5 August 2010

Sad news - They have gone

On the 1st of May this year, I reported here that one of my favourite birds, the Swifts were back.  This compared with my sightings in 2009 of May 6th

Last year I noted that they had disappeared on 21st July.

I knew it was coming but it is still sad nevertheless that I noted they had essentially disappeared on Saturday 31st July, last weekend.

So suppose I should be pleased that they were around for a whole fifteen days longer this year compared to  last.

But it doesn't make it any easier when I reallise that it will be another whole nine months before they are back again.  :-(

Martin

1 comment:

  1. Hi Martin, I know exactly how you feel having lived with them under my roof in the Cotswolds for over 40 years - tis a sad day indeed.

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete