Tuesday 3 August 2010

Moths from the Garden

I put the moth trap out again on Saturday night/Sunday morning, set it on the timer, left and went down about 8 am after I woke up.  I did set the alarm, but after a great gig here in Stratford on Saturday night, with a good few Guinnesses, my bed seemed like the better option.

Unlike the two previous times, I didn't cover the trap as the light came up, and retained good numbers in the trap.

Here are a few of the highlights from that session.

Grey Dagger on Hazel stem


Pale Prominent

Silver Y




 Finally, and fittingly for a moth image taken on the 1st of August - the August Thorn


August is often a great month for moths, so I will look to get the trap out a few times, whenever I can and bring you any new species that we get.

Martin

1 comment: