Saturday 1 May 2010

They are back......again!!!

Last year on May 6th I posted that the Swifts had arrrived back overhead my home in this blog.

Well they are back on May 1st this year.  I was out looking round the garden this morning at the new growth and heard them overhead.  Looking up there were two chasing and calling, with their dancing fighter aircraft like jinking flight - fabulous!!  They are normally the arrivals I look forward to most each year.  My challenge, as ever, is to get some decent in flight shots this year.  I am hoping that with the 7D having a decent AF system I have got a much better chance than in previous years.

Right, this was an impromptu blog - better get back to the next phase of digging and clearing another part of the garden.  

There is another blog scheduled from me a bit later today with some wildlfower images.

Martin

1 comment:

  1. My youngest had a rugby tournament near Llanelli on BH Monday so went down west for the weekend. On the Sunday (2/5) stole a couple hours with the binoculars at the nearby WWT National Wetland Centre for Wales. Saw plenty but well rewarded with a pair of Swifts reeling overhead late afternoon, Red Kite, male Goshawk and Little Egret. Well pleased!

    ReplyDelete