Thursday 13 May 2010

Sad news - Twice

I received two sad bits of news yesterday.

Firstly, it continues to be very depressing when you hear of stories of raptors dying.  It is doubly so when you hear that they have been killed on shooting estates.  Birdguides are reporting via their Twitter feed, the death of three Golden Eagles - three for God's sake - this is truly appalling.

Why is it that so many wonderful birds, among the rarest in our land are killed by the supposed custodians of nature.   I know the answer to my question and it is unpublishable on here.

Secondly, when I picked up my email yesterday when I got home from work, it was very sad to hear the news of the death of a fellow wildlife photographer, Gordon Howe.  Gordon was a fine wildlife photographer who I had the pleasure of sharing and reviewing images with in an on-line photo circle.  His fine work and considered responses will be sadly missed by me, and the other members of the circle.  My condolences to his family.

Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment