Wednesday 11 March 2009

News Update - Canon 1Dmk111 recall

OK here is the next instalment from this post and this post last week.

Quick recap - the recall note went out Tuesday, I responded the same day. Canon RCC Elstree called me on the Thursday and the camera was collected on the Friday as promised.

I requested it back here tomorrow and it arrived today, complete with new firmware installed, the Af system re calibrated and a new rear screen fitted as I damaged it last year, at just the price for the labour to fit.

So Canon RCC get a full 100% from me for delivering ahead of all agreed time schedules - well done to then and in particular Lauren Dicker there who has been my contact there - Thanks Lauren.

So I will be testing it over the weekend and give you another update after that to see if there are any noticeable differences, particularly in the off centre AF point focusing.

Martin

1 comment:

  1. That is good news Martin and being a fellow MKIII user, I will be very interested to read the results. I've not bothered to register for the 'fix' yet, as I've not noticed any problems with my AF.........

    ReplyDelete