Monday 23 March 2009

News - 1Dmk3 Update - Test shots

Further to my post on Saturday, I promised some test shots for you.

The first two are screen grabs from Breezebrowser showing the AF points lit. In each case I specifically use an off centre point, as this was one area that the 1D did not perform as well, and was mentioned in the recall note. I have to say I am happy with tis performance. Both of these images have some background clutter that was previously difficult for the camera to always separate - again no troubles here now.





The second two shots have been processed, but I have not cropped so you can see all the elements in the image that the camera had to contend with.





Again, I wanted to show performance with close background confusion opportunities. These two images are consecutive shots, taken at 5fps, my usual default for multi shots. This time I used the centre point, AI servo, 70 -200 f2.8 set at f2.8. Not particularly posted for photographic merit, but from a test perspective.




If you want to know any of my other CF settings for this please let me know via the comments and I will be pleased to help.

If you want to the images slightly larger, just click on them, but remember to press the back buton in the browser to get back here

Martin

2 comments:

  1. Well it looks they may have got it sorted.
    My camera goes in shortly so I'll keep my fingers crossed. :-)

    If it's not too much trouble, please can I take you up on your offer of CF settings info?
    Be interesting to compare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tony,

    I will do an update on these later on the week, probably Friday with a few links to some other useful bits of info

    Martin

    ReplyDelete