Sunday 11 September 2011

Tourist Time

Earlier in the week, while waiting on the railway platform for my train, I heard the unmistakable sound of a Raven 'cronking' overhead.  Great to see and hear these fabulous birds in Warwickshire.

On Friday, Jac and I took a day off work and went to London to be tourists. One of the places that neither of us had been to was the Tower Of London, so that's where we started.  I was particularly looking forward to seeing the Ravens , probably more than anything else.

Now they are obviously not wild, and each of those that we saw had one of their wings clipped to prevent them flying off.  We can deliberate over that and while I have my views, I understand both sides of the argument.

Notwithstanding, it does give lots of people chance to see these iconic and friendly birds at close quarters.

I grabbed a few images with the Panasonic P & S, and the 5Dmk2 and 24-70 f2.8L.

Easy to tell which is from which camera.


 Canon and converted from RAW

 Pana in jpeg

Canon but in jpeg

While I sometimes shoot in RAW and jpeg with the 5Dmk2, the jpeg images just never 'cut it' in quality after a bit of Capture One processing, IMO.

With a windy period coming up in the UK as we get the leftovers from Hurricane Katia, I hope all of you stay safe.

Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment