Sunday 25 September 2011

A couple from just outside the back door

Not a euphemism but from the garden in the last 24 hours. 

These delightful little fungi, which are some form of Lepiota came up in the lawn overnight on Friday night/Saturday morning.


As I don't like grass as a subject matter, I chose to keep the DOF to a minimum in camera, but that means you lose sharpness across all parts of the subject.  But I can live with that, and added just a little 'lens blur' in Photoshop CS5 on the base grass for effect.

I also put the moth trap out again last night, and apart from mostly Yellow Underwings, the catch was sparse.  I did get two new species which come around at this time of year.  These being the Barred Hook Tip - no images sadly and this Pink Barred Sallow, which I could only get to stay put on our 'dirty' breakfast table in the garden.


Finally, commiserations to our Scottish readers for an abysmal performance in New Zealand this morning (sorry we don't normally do sport on this blog do we? )

I have something planned for Tuesday this week that I hope will mean I can bring you some more images. - but you will have to wait and see.

Cheers
Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment