Sunday 16 October 2011

WWT London - Day Trip Final Part

Well I have probably dragged this report out long enough, so here is my final part with a few images taken from the last hide of the day.  Earlier parts can be read here, here and here if you haven't seen any of them yet.


Tufted Duck

The light was patchy while a Little Grebe was displaying, and these next few images show the difference a little bit of sunshine makes, and why sometimes it really isn't worth photographing, but spend the time watching.




Sometimes it is quite nice to watch common birds in unusual circumstances.  While I have watched crows bathing in my pond many times, I can't remember seeing them quite a long way out on a lake bathing.


So that's it for my WWT London trip.  On a day when the weather forecast promised so much in terms of light, but delivered so little, it was a case of making the best of what was available.

It was my first time to this site, and it is set out quite well for birders, less well for photographers, but that is a problem at many reserves and will be the subject for a future blog.

Nonetheless, it is worth a visit, and is a real gem located so close to the centre of London, yet easily accessed from the west side of the M25

Martin

1 comment:

  1. I must say that these clicked photos are some brilliant samples of photographic art.It seems that you really love wildlife,that's why you had been able to inject lives into the photos.Nature is full of life and you have captured all the beauties within your clicked photos.Just carry on with your great works.

    ReplyDelete