So in the space of this last week, I have sold two camera bodies - the 1Dmk111 and the old 5D, and three lenses, and two flash items. The first 7D we bought will be on eBay later today, and the battery grip is on its way to Cornwall where it will picked up by a friend of this blog.
When I put the gear up, I had a few comments asking me if I was going to switch to the 'Dark side'
Well given how easy it has been to see the kit I had and get reasonably acceptable prices, I guess the time is right to think about it.
So can I easily shift two more bodies, three L zoom lenses, 4 L FF lenses and a non L fixed lens, three converters, tubes, and a couple of 580 flash heads. Big decision time now.
My main goal at the start of this process was to sell the 1D, 5D and a 7D and keep one of the 7D's and get a 5Dmk2.
Now I know that the rumours are of the 5Dmk111 later in the year but I will not buy a new body now, at least with six to nine months of launch as they ALL have problems of some kind, and you ALWAYS pay full whack i.e. - totally over the top here in the UK particularly with Canon. For example the 1Dmk4 is now 1200 pounds!!!!!! lower than when launched. Another reason not to wait is that I want Full frame NOW - I love it for a big part of my photography, and if Canon stay true to form they will whack it with a massive price hike.....as usual. The 5Dmk2 does pretty much want I NEED (not want), and with a good couple of years in, it is now 'stable' both in firmware and price
I have a few days to make a decision while I wait for my sales money to clear and check out what I might get for the rest of my kit.
But, as I said earlier, I didn't start this trip with a mind to switch, but I am giving it some more thought now!!