Monday 15 November 2010

More feathers to pick up

Three weeks ago on my Sunday blog, I shared the exploits of our local Sparrowhawk.  Well he/she was back again this Sunday morning first thing.  When I opened the curtains these sights greeted me.



Blue-y grey downy feathers,  few larger ones and an occasional very dark one.  It can only be an ex-Wood pigeon.

I'd only mown the lawn the day before, and the Sprawk had made a right mess of it.  So that is now three birds in the last short while in this garden alone.  Each one a Pigeon or a Dove, so looks like the odds for the little birds are better than the larger ones.

Talking of smaller birds, with the colder weather and a lot of the natural seed sources being less plentiful, we are starting to see a lot more small bird activity, with plenty of new arrivals with a number of Goldfinch, Greenfinch and Chaffinch, that have largely been absent through the summer.

Time to get  my semi permanent hide set up built I think.

Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment