Sunday 24 October 2010

Sunday Breakfast

Ironically, I just took some breakfast packaging out to the recycle bin this morning when out of the corner of my eye, I saw a brief movement, heard a clatter in the bushes and saw feathers rise to the air.

Looking across, I could see a mass of white feathers, and a very dead bird.  Initial first split second thought was a cat, but following a clear channel of a flight path, a Sparrowhawk flashed into view and turned quickly away from me.


Closer inspection revealed it to be a Collared Dove, stripped of feathers on the breast and with all of the breast meat eaten.  Plenty of undigested seeds evidence it's diet.

This is the second Collared Dove that has fallen to Sparrowhawk in the last six weeks in my garden

Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment