Monday 20 September 2010

Foxes back in the Garden

Back in March, I blogged about a mangy Fox that had been visiting my garden in the middle of the day.  Since then, I haven't seen any although I have seen a few tell tale markers that they have left.  Usually smelt them before I saw them.

Well 8 days ago, I prepared the part of the garden nearest the house for a new lawn.  I hand removed the turfs, rotivated and tilled the soil, raking it level and smooth, and then leaving it to settle before I turf it in the near future.  I expected all the neighbourhood cats to use it as a giant litter tray, but we have only had one visitor, until today that is.

I looked out of the window first thing to saw a couple of large holes that had been dug out. 


On closer inspection, among the various cat foot prints were some much larger prints.



Checking this site confirmed they were indeed fox tracks.

Guess a hungry fox will dig for worms when food is scarce

Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment