Sunday 25 April 2010

Macro Dunnock

I spent some pleasant realxation time in the garden yesterday afternoon sat by the pond, taking it easy ahead of the run today, enjoying watching the many butterflies around, including mating Peacocks and Holly Blue.  I got the 7D and the 180 macro ready in case I had anything settle.  

Nothing doing on the butterflies photographically, but these Dunnocks came onto the Pear tree to get to the feeder.  I haven't used the macro lens for birds before, but why not.  They were less than ten feet away and totally unperturbed by me, as long as I was steady and moved slowly.




I quite liked the last one with the blossom as part of the image.  Very bright light today so worked the highlights down a little in the processing.

Thes birds are two of at least five that are frequenting the garden at the moment.  I expect to see the young down soon

Martin

3 comments:

  1. Great shots, looks like the macro lens has picked out the feather detail superbly

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Canon 180 is a stunning lens Bob. Slow to focus, as there is a lot of glass to move about. But beautiful IQ

    Martin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely natural looking final image. Bokeh looks superb on this lens too!

    ReplyDelete