Monday 12 April 2010

Busy Weekend

.......but not with my camera sadly.

Lots of hard work breaking out deeply embedded roots and soil as the next part of the garden project.

I did get a few images of these fabulous Marsh Marigolds Caltha Palustrus  that are now in full bloom on the edge of my pond.


Taken with the 1Dmk111 and the 100mm f2.8 macro lens.

I am happy to use the mark111 for static stuff - no problems with AF tracking.  The 7D stays ready with the 500 f4 and 1.4EFTC set up for stuff that moves, as it really is significantly more reliable and consistent in AI Servo mode.

I did have some good sightings while working though with a great Sparrowhawk chase, climp and a  stoop worthy of a Peregrine - fabulous to watch, and plenty more Chiff Chaff calling too.

Occasional butterflies came through as well with more Brimstone, and my first Peacock of the year on Saturday.

Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment