Sunday 30 August 2009

Wildlife Trusts

Well I am a bit later today, but the right side of midnight to keep up our 100% posting record.

In the course of my work this last week, I met up with the Regional Corporate Manager for my local Wildlife Trust to discuss the work we do at my place of employment. This got me thinking that I needed to mention them on the blog.

What I found surprising is that there are more members of the Wildlife Trusts than the RSPB.

I found another interesting link of news following my story here about Hen Harriers. Great to see a good news story I found here about these much persecuted and enigmatic birds.

Here in Warwickshire, we have many great reserves that are managed by the Wildlife Trusts. Dave and I went to the main centre at Brandon Marsh about 18 months ago and watched the early arrival Sand Martins flying around over the lakes in a snow storm in March - quite bizarre.

Take a visit to their main website here and check them out, and why not join your local one and see what you can photograph. I am certainly pleased with a number of images I have got from their sites. Here are a couple of Great Crested Grebes, from I think what was my first outing with my 500f4L lens.



Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment