Saturday 22 August 2009

News - Bird Watching Fair, Rutland

I meant to post about this earlier in the week, but it slipped my mind.

This weekend sees the annual British Birdwatching Fair over at Rutland Water, to the east of Leicester. Details can be found here, so if you read this early enough there will be time today, and it is still open tomorrow.

Of course, if you are not planning on going, I guess it would be a good time to go to any of the hundreds of bird reserves as they will be empty :-)

I will not be able to get to either sadly - painting keeps me housebound at the moment - but the end of that is in sight thank goodness.

On a sad news front, I note this unfortunate response from RSPB about the continuing plight of the Hen Harrier in England. This really is bad news and a sad conflict of 'sport?' over nature.

Finally, a heads up for the blogpost on Wednesday - we will be having our third guest photographer on the blog. Mike Lane, a UK based wildlife photographer will be talking 'Hides' with us, so watch this space for that - it will be a good article, as I have already seen it.

Right I am off to my paint. I'll be back on Monday.

Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment