Tuesday 2 June 2009

News - A few stories

.......that caught my eye.

Great news - Great Bustard chicks hatched - the first for 177 years in the UK. Story here.

Worrying news - for the Ospreys at Loch Garten. Both adults troubled by fishing line. Story here.

Good news - loads of Painted Lady Butterflies have invaded the UK. One of the few migrants that we have. I have been watching these for a couple of weeks now and you will have seen the image here.

Bad news - the Red list numbers continue to increase for the UK bird species.

Finally - dubious news?? - I would welcome your views on this story about the re-introduction of beavers in the UK.

Personally, I am never happy about messing with nature. However, I compromise my own views there as I support the work with White Tailed Sea Eagles in Scotland - so a tricky one to rationalise.

Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment