Monday 22 June 2009

Council Vandalism - Warwickshire

As promised on my Saturday post.

I went to my local site that has a good display of Common Spotted, Pyramid and Bee Orchids, a number of which I have already posted on previous blogposts.

I was there last Sunday evening and took the first two images of a group growing in a traffic island on the approach to a roundabout, so have set the image in the environment context.

Note the length of the grass - hardly needs cutting does it - not even for Health & Safety!!!!

I went back just two days later with a few other photographers from Stratford Photo Group to find what you see in the third image.

This was just plain vandalism on an official scale!!.

Now if this had been the first time, you could perhaps put it down to just plain incompetence. The sad thing is that this happened last year.

On a good note, one of the locals went out a put up a quick sign on one of the one of the other islands to prevent any more from this fate, and I am pleased to see they were doing well when I went there yesterday.

The final image again shows a single stem in the road context, and before it was turned to grass cuttings

All taken with the Canon 24-70 f2.8L lens and the 1Dmk111.





Martin


No comments:

Post a Comment