Thursday 1 March 2012

A wet night

I have shot every night in the garden for the last week, Usual suspects with the deer, fox and opossum coming every night and i just missed the raccoon the other night and watched it arrive 30 minutes after i had packed up, We have had plenty of rain this week which is much needed but unusual, You do not realize how much it rains in Europe and especially the UK until you live somewhere like North Carolina, I am not complaining by any means, My set up is dry as i am basically shooting from under the house and with the use of some ziplock freezer bags the flash guns stay nice and dry as well, I used Lumiquest diffusers on the from flashguns and had 2 flashguns at the back with 1 one them pointing back towards the baited area to lighten any heavy shadows on the back of the animal, I at first had some problems in setting up with the flashgun pointing back as the light would bleed into the picture, I used the center out of a toilet roll and cut it in half length wise and tapped it to the side of the flashgun to stop the light coming directly back at me and it worked a treat,


The image wasn't exactly how i planned it but is ok and nice just to have the chance to photograph these guys, The other fox comes and goes and although you see them in the garden together they seem to have some room between them so i am not sure if its 2 males or a male and female, I think due to the size difference it a pair,
I have started to squeeze some food into the bark of the tree in the hope of the opossum climbing or the fox standing up against it

Dave

2 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful shot Dave. Looks like he/she's tasting the air with mouth slightly open.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think hes tasting some tiny bits of dog food that i put down-looks happy enough though

    Dave

    ReplyDelete