Thursday 23 February 2012

Pond Life '12 - Pt 1

I wasn't sure whether to make this one from the Frogblog series or open up this years Pond Life. In the end, I went for the latter as there were a couple of additions other than frogs to tell you about.

With Spring here now and temperatures elevated, activity has sprung to life with a bang.

In fact, on inspection tonight, there were three froggy couples busy, and as bold as brass in the middle of the pond, on the surface a threesome really didn't have a care about me shining a torch on them. How rude!!

But last nights inspection revealed more life. Five Smooth Newts were showing well, and tonight it was eight, so they have woken from their winter slumbers too.

In addition, it was great to see an active larva of a Broad Bodied Chaser moving around. With this being the fourth season of life, I am hoping for some emergence of these wonderful dragonfly's in May time, which I hope to bring you in pixel.

I will listen out later on this evening for the frog chorus as their nightly songs get under way.

Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment