Wednesday 20 July 2011

A Bugs life 2

I have been watching some Paper wasps (polistes annularis) busily making their nest just outside my front door for the last few weeks. We have a company come around every few weeks to clear any bugs away and so i thought that it would be a good time to get the camera out and take a few shots before they would be exterminated, I am quite happy for them to be around but as the house is sold and there will be an inspection soon they will have to go, I put up a set of steps to gain some height and be closer to them and as i raised my camera-Nikon D3s and Sigma 150mm macro they turned and faced me, One of them hanging off the nest to get a better look at the stranger slightly below, This with the shallow depth of field gave a 3D view through the view finder and i was very unsure if there they would attack, After a couple of minutes of a stand off they carried on with their work, I used a SB900 set to -2.7 to give a slight pop of flash
 Very heavy crop of the above image-not too bad considering its ISO1600



Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment