Saturday 19 September 2009

Trip Report - Mothing at Monkwood, Worcestershire, Part 1

OK - hot off the press today, following my trip to Monkwood today with fellow members of Smethwick Photographic Society Natural History Group, I thought I would post some images.

As I mentioned here, last night was National Moth night, so with many thanks to Chris Betts for hosting us, and other members of the Worcestershire Wildlife Trust, we turned up at his garden to inspect the findings from the moth trap.

With ID's confirmed by Chris, although only reviewed on the LCD on the back of the camera. All taken with the Canon 1Dmk3, plus Canon 180 f3.5L macro, except the Frosted Orange that had the Canon 100mmf2.8 macro.



Light Emerald


The Satellite


Frosted Orange


Blotched Emerald

September Thorn

I did get some butterflies as well, once the sun was up and warm and will post those in Part 2 of this trip report

Update: The first moth I had as a Pale Emerald is in fact a Light Emerald - many thanks for that Chris

Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment